Blackberry Storm phone is one of the best selling smart phone today and that is the reason you can find many themes, games and apps designed for Storm. People are even claiming that Blackberry is looking forward to release Storm 2 in near future. Here are some tips for Blackberry Storm users on how to use phone camera, save the battery life of Storm and get things done quickly.
- To zoom in or out in blackberry storm camera, swap your fingers up or down when mobile is in camera mode. You can also press volume up or volume down key to zoom in or out.
- To lock focus on an object before taking the photo, press the Right Convenience key half way (located on the side of phone under volume key). When you want to take photo press the same button all the way down.
Battery Saving Tips:
- When using first time, charge battery to its full potential 100%. Do not worry about over charging of battery. This may take up to 4 hours. Sometimes new Li-ions batteries come fully charged.
- Turn GPS Off to save the battery. To turn GPS off, Click Options > Advance Options > GPS. You will find three boxes here, leave the first one as it is. Change second one to “E911 Only” meaning the GPS will be activated in emergency only and Disable the third box.
- Keep the Bluetooth off when you do not need it.
- You can dim screen to 65% to save the battery.
- Vibration and loud volume can drain battery very quickly.
- If you are in an area with very weak reception. Either turn off your Storm or put it in Airplane mode so that it does not keep searching for signals and battery is used less.
General Tips and Shortcut keys:
- To make the keyboard disappear from screen, swap your fingers in downward direction over the keyboard. To make it reappear, swap your finger in and upward direction on screen and the keyboard will be visible.
- To play next or previous song, click volume key up or down.
- To play/ resume a running song or video press Mute key.
- To move back to previous screen, press Escape key.
- To insert a period, press the Space key twice. The next letter is automatically capitalized.
- Typing Space in a web address creates period while typing Space in an email address creates @ sign. So use spaces to write web/ mail address quickly.
Let us know if you have any tip on how to use Blackberry storm more effectively and efficiently.
About The Guest Author – Sohail Ahmed. I write about mobile phones apps, tips, games, themes and news on my blog and occasionally software reviews, windows tips and social media. You can visit me at www.pakblogger.com