Apple’s I-pad has competition, and when said competition, means tough competition. Two of the world’s biggest electronics giant, Apple and HP, will soon go head-to-head. HP will be launching its new tablet directly affecting sales of Apple’s I-Pad. Though it’s too early to say how well it will serve the users?
The HP Slate has a smaller 8.9-inch screen and lower resolution (1024×600 pixels), as compared to I-Pad (9.7-inches & 1024×768). The Slate boasts of an SD card reader along with a USB 2.0 port. The HP Slate spots a dock connector which is used specifically for powering audio, device and also HDMI out. On the other hand, the I-Pad lacks the card reader and the USB port.
- Lighter and narrower than the I-Pad (Probably because it is smaller)
- 8.9-inch screen with 1024×600 pixels display
- 1.6-GHz Intel Atom processor
- Available with 1GB of DDR2 RAM memory
- Two cameras, one VGA in front for video-calling and the other 3MP at the back
- SIM card slot for optional 3G modem
- 1080p HD video playback (I-Pad can playback at 720p)
- Based on Windows 7 Home Edition & HP-Touch optimized UI
- Storage capacity of 32 GB and 64 GB
- Bluetooth, 3G connectivity
- Up to 5 hrs of battery back up
Price of HP Slate Tablet
The HP Slate Tablet will be launched in June-September period. The price is expected to be somewhere between $549 to $599.