In India, the middlemen/agents had always been the main reason for increasing the transaction costs between a buyer and seller of any product or any local service, between an employer and a job-seeker for ages. Still, over 60 % of the transactions – hiring the employees or consumer-to-consumer transactions like apartment rentals, are taking place over a word-of-mouth between a middlemen and the two parties involved in the transaction. And these middlemen who often charge a hefty commission for their services tends to increase the price that the buyer need s to pay and drops the price the seller would have received otherwise.
Taking this problem under consideration, the mobile app known as ‘Nokia Listings'(currently in beta) has been introduced for the purpose of making this process of connecting buyers and sellers (or employers and job seekers) as simple as possible. This app would make the task of accessing information to secure a job or locate goods and services in their local area, quit easy for the people in today emerging market place.
Nokia Listings is designed for three major categories of listings:
- Jobs: As an employer, you can post jobs and review candidates who have applied for the job. As a job seeker you can search for jobs by category, location and salary, and apply.
- Buy and Sell: You can search and post items (mobile phones, bikes, etc) that you are looking to buy or sell. You can contact seller or buyer by calling or by sending an SMS.
- Local Services: You can search for service providers like plumbers, architects, lawyers, etc in your locality. As a local service provider, you can list on the marketplace and be found by potential customers.
The application works on basic mobile phones( Nokia series 40 i.e. without GPRS connection) so that the benefits could reach out to a larger mass. The application therefore is fully functional on both SMS and GPRS.
List of devices include Nokia 2700 Classic, 2730 Classic, 3120 Classic, Nokia 5130 XpressMusic, 5310 XpressMusic, Nokia 5330 Xpressmusic, Nokia 5610, Nokia 6300i, Nokia 6303, Nokia X3, Nokia C3, etc. The client will work on non-touch S60 phones like E63, E71, E72, etc
- there are no fees for using the service except SMS and data charges from your operator.
- the experience may be sub-optimal on some of the above mentioned devices.
- During this beta trial, the service is only available to users in India.
If you encounter problems with your device or with the app’s services, feel free to post your feedback to their forum at Nokia Beta Labs.
Download Nokia Listings application for your S40 mobile device.