Google’s famous social networking site “Orkut” can now be accessed from Android OS enabled mobile phones with launch of ‘Orkut for Android’ application. With the help of this application, you can stay connected to your orkut friends wherever you go and anytime of the day via scrap notifications, direct photo uploads to your orkut albums, and a phonebook synced to your orkut friends’ phone numbers and status messages.
Orkut For Android offers :
- Orkut Friends Live Folders : Simply add the list of your orkut friends as a live folder on your home screen, and you’ll be able to browse through your friends list even when not under data network coverage. The live folder also lets you communicate (via call, scrap or SMS) with your friends in a single click. To install a live folder, click “Menu > Add > Folders > Orkut” on your Android device’s homescreen after installing the orkut for Android application.
- Photo Uploads To Your Orkut Albums : Gone are the days when you needed to download photos from your Android phone to your computer and then upload them to your orkut albums. Now you can simply upload photos from your Android Photo Gallery. Just click “Menu > Share > Orkut” while browsing your photos in the Android Photo Gallery to get started.
- Scrap Notification : You will get notifications on your Android device when you have new scraps on orkut. The notifications will appear on your Android device notification bar; clicking on notifications will take you to your scrapbook page.
- Android mobile devices running version 1.6 or higher
How To Get This App?
You have 2 options :
- go to Android Market from your Android powered phone device, search for Orkut under social application category.
- Alternatively, you can directly scan the QR code available here to install this application.
So, what are you waiting for? Quickly grab this Orkut app for Android device to stay connected with Orkut friends while on the move.