The next time you are out of your home for walking, running, cycling, snowboarding, hiking trails, or any other activity for that case, do not leave without the Sunset GPS Logger application on your Windows Mobile Pocket PCs.
Sunset is a GPS Logger that allows you to capture all your activities for later visualisation on Google maps. Combined with your existing digital camera it becomes an indispensable tool to simplify the process of geo-tagging those precious photos and memories.
Geotagging can help users find a wide variety of location-specific information. For instance, one can find images taken near a given location by entering latitude and longitude coordinates into a Geotagging-enabled image search engine.
1) Install the application by copying the cab file to your device via ActiveSync then running it on your device.
2) Ensure you have paired up a GPS receiver with your device and have assigned ‘com7’ as the outgoing devices com, for devices with a built in GPS ensure this is the GPS ‘Hardware’ port not programme port.
3) To start GPS logging select Menu -> Start GPS Trail.
4) To stop logging select Menu – > Stop GPS Trail.
5) You can find all your GPS logs in the following device directory ‘\Storage Card\GPSLogs’.
6) International locale issue: If you live outside the UK to ensure GPX format compatibility please set you normal number format to the following (English: ‘.’ For decimal and ‘,’ as digit grouping).
- To GPS tag your photos: use the gpx log files in combination with Microsoft’s WWMX Location Stamper or DGManager.NET Nb.
- For the best results ensure that BOTH your Mobile device and Digital cameras date/time settings are identical, as both rely heavily on date/time in GPS tagging your photos.
- Windows Mobile Pocket PC 5 , 6 , 6.1, 6.5
DOWNLOAD Sunset GPS Logger free for Your Windows Mobile Phone